Scroll down for info, comments and sales.
The Bolex H16 was introduced in 1935, and the design appears to have been loosely based on the Auto Cine B. But apart from the shape and a few similar functions, it was a radically different camera. Among the most notable improvements was the addition of a three lens turret and variable speed dial. Over the next decade, the H-16 saw several alterations.
- CAPACITY: 100ft (30m) and 50ft (15m) daylight loading spools.
- THREADING: Automatic threading and loop forming. The end of the
film is placed in a channel leading to the feed sprocket. The release
is pressed and the film is then automatically threaded throughout the
- MOTOR: Constant speed, spring motor mechanism; governor controlled.
Spring cannot be over-wound. 8:1 external drive shaft permits the
attachment of an electric motor.
- TURRET: Rotating turret for 3 interchangeable C-mount lenses. The top position allows for critical focusing through a
ground glass screen on later versions.
- VIEWFINDER: Accessory Tri Focal viewfinder gives an exact viewing
field for lenses of 3 focal lengths. Later versions had
a built-in critical focus viewer with optional cupped eyepiece.
- VARIABLE SPEED: 8, 16, 24, 32 and 64 frames per second with the
ability to change speeds while the camera is running.
- SINGLE FRAME: Time lapse and animation is possible by using the side release button or an accessory cable release and adapter; I-T lever allows for timed or instantaneous single exposures.
Bolex H16 value and price guide
What's your Bolex H16 worth? Here are some recently sold items on eBay.
||Bolex H16 Sbm 16mm Rx Reflex Movie Camera Bolex...
||Mint Bolex H16 Rex 5 16mm Movie Cine Nikkor 10 25...
||Mint 3lens Bolex H16 Rex5 Nikon Cine 13mm 25mm...
||N Mint Bolex H16 Reflex Rex 5 16mm Movie Vario...
||Bolex H16 Reflex Rex 3 W Vario Switar Bolex Kern...
|See all sold items for more prices||10/2021||-.--|
Bolex H16 forum
Questions or stories? Share them here.
Bolex H16 for sale on eBay and Etsy